• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

12 hours ago, Anna N said:

I would love to get @liuzhou’s take on this chicken dish.

As it happens, today is my 24th anniversary of arriving to live in China. 24 happy years, but not so happy today.

But about your bones!

Yes, most animal protein , including fish, is served on the bone in China (not anything I complain about), but I've never heard of crushed bones. Even splintered bones are rare.

Big plate Chicken (大盘鸡 dà pán jī) is one of my favourite dishes. From China's troubled westernmost province of Xinjiang, a mostly Muslim area. I eat it regularly in a local Muslim restaurant, if with friends. Even a small plate has beaten me with two or three companions!

Chicken, potato, spices and noodles not what to like?

I guess their choppers were blunt or they had no idea how to chop chicken.

1471564586_dapanji2019.thumb.jpg.1fbcf53c60e50650b8193c67eb6985c5.jpg

liuzhou

liuzhou

43 minutes ago, Anna N said:

I would love to get @liuzhou’s take on this chicken dish.

As it happens, today is my 24th anniversary of arriving to live in China. 24 happy years, but not so happy today.

But about your bones!

Yes, most animal protein , including fish, is served on the bone in China (not anything I complain about), but I've never heard of crushed bones. Even splitered bones are rare.

Big plate Chicken (大盘鸡 dà pán jī) is one of my favourite dishes. From China's troubled westernmost province of Xinjiang, a mostly Muslim area. I eat it regularly in a local Muslim restaurant, if with friends. Even a small plate has beaten me with two or three companions!

Chicken, potato, spices and noodles not what to like?

I guess their choppers were blunt or they had no idea how to chop chicken.

1471564586_dapanji2019.thumb.jpg.1fbcf53c60e50650b8193c67eb6985c5.jpg