• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Katie Meadow

Katie Meadow

Finally! For father's day, a sit-down lunch that the twins approved of and were willing to eat everything and hang at the table. Bacon, which is their favorite food group, omelets with Oaxaca cheese. plantain slices fried crispy in butter, and for dessert a churro coffee cake thing. To drink, Gabrielle Hamilton's strawberry milk. Whew. The plantains here are fantastic; they ripen well and are sweet as candy.. The ones we get at home are inconsistent and not as good. We're flying back this afternoon with a Vidalia onion in our luggage. No other souvenirs from Decatur. I would pack a peck of corn if I could, but it won't fit in our suitcases.

v

Ooops I meant to put this in the lunch thread. I wouldn't know a SV if it hit me on the head.

Katie Meadow

Katie Meadow

Finally! For father's day, a sit-down lunch that the twins approved of and were willing to eat everything and hang at the table. Bacon, which is their favorite food group, omelets with Oaxaca cheese. plantain slices fried crispy in butter, and for dessert a churro coffee cake thing. To drink, Gabrielle Hamilton's strawberry milk. Whew. The plantains here are fantastic; they ripen well and are sweet as candy.. The ones we get at home are inconsistent and not as good. We're flying back this afternoon with a Vidalia onion in our luggage. No other souvenirs from Decatur. I would pack a peck of corn if I could, but it won't fit in our suitcases.