• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Anna N

Anna N

Oopsie

4 minutes ago, lindag said:

I am thawing a whole bone-in turkey breast.

As I'm quite new to this method I'm not sure how best to go about this.

I've Googled extensively but most of the directions seem to be confusing and/or contradictory.

Any advice or recipes you'd recommend?

Are you asking how to thaw it sous vide or are you asking how to cook it sous vide? I thaw most things this way as it is much faster than most other ways and just a safe.

oops. I did not read very carefully. You are looking for a recipe so I must assume you are going to cooking sous vide. My bad. 

Anna N

Anna N

1 minute ago, lindag said:

I am thawing a whole bone-in turkey breast.

As I'm quite new to this method I'm not sure how best to go about this.

I've Googled extensively but most of the directions seem to be confusing and/or contradictory.

Any advice or recipes you'd recommend?

Are you asking how to thaw it sous vide or are you asking how to cook it sous vide? I thaw most things this way as it is much faster than most other ways and just a safe.