• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

rotuts

rotuts

I finally found a Chuck Tender roast a one of my supermarkets.  this cut does not seem to be marketed often around here.

it was of course on Sale so i thought id experiment with it.

ChuckTender.thumb.jpg.b89f75c129a76e7e22aa0842690e4654.jpg

there was a little bit of silverskin , which i removed.

i gave each side a few drops of RedBoat4o and some granulated garlic from Penzey's and place it on a plate

very loosely wrapped in the refrig and Ill go for 3 days , then bag it.  I hope to find my granulated toasted onion from Penzies by then and

as some to the meat before i vacuum bag and SV at 130.1

i think at least 24 hours , maybe 36 H

the goal is then to freeze and use thinly cut for steak sandwiches in the future.

have you SV'd this cut ?

what were your times and temps and final plan for the meat ?

thanks

rotuts

rotuts

I finally found a Chuck Tender roast a one of my supermarkets.  this cut does not seem to be marketed often around here.

it was of course on Sale so i thought id experiment with it.

ChuckTender.thumb.jpg.b89f75c129a76e7e22aa0842690e4654.jpg

there was a little bit of silverskin , which i removed.

i gave each side a few drops of RedBoat4o and some granulated garlic from Penzey's and place it on a plate

very loosely wrapped in the refrig and Ill go for 3 days , then bag it.  I hope to find my granulated toasted onion from Penzies by then and

as some to the meat before i vacuum bag and SV at 103.1

i think at least 24 hours , maybe 36 H

the goal is then to freeze and use thinly cut for steak sandwiches in the future.

have you SV'd this cut ?

what were your times and temps and final plan for the meat ?

thanks