• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

FrogPrincesse

FrogPrincesse

Next I made the Snowy-topped brownie drops from Dorie's cookies. I also doubled the recipe. For the chocolate, I realized I had forgotten to buy any but I always have some on hand... I used a mix of Trader Joe's "one pound plus" dark chocolate, and 99% chocolate from Switzerland. I started measuring regular flour and then remembered I wanted to make them gluten-free, so I ended up using Bob's Red Mill all purpose mix. I used the OXO cookie scoop for these and it helped speed up the process. I packaged them in bags of three (one friend complained to me that the problem with odd numbers is that she had to fight with her husband over the last one!).

The yield was 48 cookies.

Snowy-topped brownie drops

FrogPrincesse

FrogPrincesse

Next I made the Snowy-topped brownie drops from Dorie's cookies. I also doubled the recipe. For the chocolate, I realized I had forgotten to buy any but I always have some on hand... I used a mix of Trader Joe's "one pound plus" dark chocolate, and 99% chocolate from Switzerland. I started measuring regular flour and then remembered I wanted to make them gluten-free, so I ended up using Bob's Red Mill all purpose mix. I used the OXO cookie scoop for these and it helped speed up the process. I packaged them in bags of three (one friend complained to me that the problem with odd numbers is that she had to fight with her husband over the last one!).

Snowy-topped brownie drops