• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

SLB

SLB

Meanwhile, the petunias are going nicely in my Manhattan Containers.  

IMG_0547.JPG.24cf404624784b28a7aaf1d7306ca16d.JPG

Speaking of okra -- did I mention that my Mississippi cousin suggested that I plant okra in my windowboxes once, after I complained about how ungodly high the okra is around here when it finally is available?  I wonder what my building would make of me planting food in my windowboxes . . . .

ETA:  Please ignore the frayed condition of the windowsill.  As you can probably guess, I tend to leave the windows open (to varying extents), no matter the weather.

Edited again:  I just discovered that there is a whole separate thread devoted to flower gardens.  Sorry!

SLB

SLB

Speaking of okra -- did I mention that my Mississippi cousin suggested that I plant okra in my windowboxes once, after I complained about how ungodly high the okra is around here when it finally is available?  I wonder what my building would make of me planting food in my windowboxes . . . .

ETA:  Please ignore the frayed condition of the windowsill.  As you can probably guess, I tend to leave the windows open (to varying extents), no matter the weather.  

SLB

SLB