• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

First seed purchase of the season. The new thing to attempt this year is the red shiso so we'll see how it goes. I was happy to get chervil seeds as it's easy to grow, which I plan to continue indoors, and unavailable locally. The Roma bush beans I've grown in the past and will be happy to do so this season.

It's unlikely I'll be buying any more seeds, excepting the freebies from the library, as I saved a lot of seed from last season including tomato, bean, snow and sugar snap pea, purslane and various herbs. None of my lettuces bolted, due to the wet and cool summer, so I had to order seeds for those.

The indoor herb garden is keeping up with consumption however my tomato plant, which was a 60 day determinate, is on it's decline and I'll trash it once the three tomatoes on it ripen. It was a bit of fun to see how it turned out.

Jan.52024SeedOrder.thumb.JPG.4c65b3d3986025672004e1818b0aee21.JPGJan.520242.thumb.JPG.cd8753f1c3929bfe5877e67f97475823.JPG

First seed purchase of the season. The new thing to attempt this year is the red shiso so we'll see how it goes. I was happy to get chervil seeds as it's easy to grow, which I plan to continue indoors, and unavailable locally. The Roma bush beans I've grown in the past and will be happy to do so this season.

It's unlikely I'll be buying any more seeds, excepting the freebies from the library, as I saved a lot of seed from last season including tomato, bean,

snow and sugar snap pea, purslane and various herbs. None of my lettuces bolted, due to the wet and cool summer, so I had to order seeds for those.

The indoor herb garden is keeping up with consumption however my tomato plant, which was a 60 day determinate, is on it's decline and I'll trash it once the three tomatoes on it ripen. It was a bit of fun to see how it turned out.

Jan.52024SeedOrder.thumb.JPG.4c65b3d3986025672004e1818b0aee21.JPGJan.520242.thumb.JPG.cd8753f1c3929bfe5877e67f97475823.JPG