• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Darienne

Darienne

On 9/10/2023 at 9:22 AM, dcarch said:

Get a bigger pot, with potting soil, spread out the basil plants. Soon you will be having basil tomato soup for breakfast, lunch and dinner everyday.

dcarch

Thanks.  Will do.  I love basil.  Pesto.  Yummm.  Oh, I do have the potting soil already from my outside dirt bag garden which gave me such wonderful tomatoes.

I need to do some rearranging in my den.  It had a wonderful big window with a south east view.  I've grown many bits and pieces in this window but currently it's a bit obscured by furniture.  I have a Spider plant in it which I bought from the local library about 3 years ago and it's taking over my life.  I've already given the library 2 huge sets of babies and the plant is currently producing another set.  It just won't quit.  Maybe I'll move it back some to discourage it a bit and have other things grow.  I do grown green onions year round already and I've grown grape tomatoes from tiny slices.  I would love to grow more stuff but I don't have the energy or physical flexibility any more.  (Short crab.)

Darienne

Darienne

11 minutes ago, dcarch said:

Get a bigger pot, with potting soil, spread out the basil plants. Soon you will be having basil tomato soup for breakfast, lunch and dinner everyday.

dcarch

Thanks.  Will do.  I love basil.  Pesto.  Yummm.  Oh, I do have the potting soil already from my outside dirt bag garden which gave me such wonderful tomatoes.

I need to do some rearranging in my den.  It had a wonderful big window with a south east view.  I've grown many bits and pieces in this window but currently it a bit obscured by furniture.  I have a Spider plant in it which I bought from the local library about 3 years ago and it's taking over my life.  I've already given the library 2 huge sets of babies and the plant is currently producing another set.  It just won't quit.  Maybe I'll move it back some to discourage it a bit and have other things grow.  I do grown green onions year round already and I've grown grape tomatoes from tiny slices.  I would love to grow more stuff but I don't have the energy or physical flexibility any more.  (Short crab.)

Darienne

Darienne

6 minutes ago, dcarch said:

dcarch

Thanks.  Will do.  I love basil.  Pesto.  Yummm.

I need to do some rearranging in my den.  It had a wonderful big window with a south east view.  I've grown many bits and pieces in this window but currently it a bit obscured by furniture.  I have a Spider plant in it which I bought from the local library about 3 years ago and it's taking over my life.  I've already given the library 2 huge sets of babies and the plant is currently producing another set.  It just won't quit.  Maybe I'll move it back some to discourage it a bit and have other things grow.  I do grown green onions year round already and I've grown grape tomatoes from tiny slices.  I would love to grow more stuff but I don't have the energy or physical flexibility any more.  (Short crab.)