• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

TdeV

TdeV

Updated

@SherryCobySam, welcome to eG – the land of great enablers! Hope you find fast friends here.

I've had an APO for about a year. There are some really interesting foods and methods to discover. Making toast is a 7 or 8 minute process, and the only process for which I use the app. My DH tried making toast once or twice but gave up. I ended up buying a $40 toaster. We still have our microwave, but when it busted, I bought a much smaller one.

I vote with @JoNorvelleWalker and suggest you get an APO.

P.S. My APO is busted and Anova Culinary has promised to send out a new one after they get mine back (Anova paid for the shipping).

Edited to add that I *assumed* that Sherry was new to eG. Not true! Has been a member longer than I. 🤣

TdeV

TdeV

@SherryCobySam, welcome to eG – the land of great enablers! Hope you find fast friends here.

I've had an APO for about a year. There are some really interesting foods and methods to discover. Making toast is a 7 or 8 minute process, and the only process for which I use the app. My DH tried making toast once or twice but gave up. I ended up buying a $40 toaster. We still have our microwave, but when it busted, I bought a much smaller one.

I vote with @JoNorvelleWalker and suggest you get an APO.

P.S. My APO is busted and Anova Culinary has promised to send out a new one after they get mine back (Anova paid for the shipping).