• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

andrewk512

andrewk512

2 minutes ago, DesertTinker said:

No! My experience with a (far less expensive) coffee maker taught me to never use CLR to clean food related items.

Why is that? I used it on my immersion circulator to good success, but that was something I could visibly see and ensure was well gone, whereas the APO makes me a bit nervous to that regard. What descaler do you use?

I've never descaled my well used APO.

I am guessing they assume people are using regular water despite the instructions.

I am still trying to find a store that will sell distilled water.... but demineralized water is the best I can do for now

andrewk512

andrewk512

1 minute ago, DesertTinker said:

No! My experience with a (far less expensive) coffee maker taught me to never use CLR to clean food related items.

Why is that? I used it on my immersion circulator to good success, but that was something I could visibly see and ensure was well gone, whereas the APO makes me a bit nervous to that regard. What descaler do you use?