• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Lord_Pall

Lord_Pall

Is your regular oven a convection? I generally drop temperature by 25 to 50º F when baking things like cake in a fan oven and cut back the time by 20% or so. 

Regular oven is convection, but super suspicious of it's temperature stability.  I definitely should've dropped the temp. Used a thermometer to measure the center though, that's what was so confusing about the whole thing. pulled it before 210, but by then it was too late.

Still feels like there's something more clever I can do with this piece of hardware.

Lord_Pall

Lord_Pall

Is your regular oven a convection? I generally drop temperature by 25 to 50º F when baking things like cake in a fan oven and cut back the time by 20% or so. 

I definitely should've dropped the temp. Used a thermometer to measure the center though, that's what was so confusing about the whole thing. pulled it before 210, but by then it was too late.

Still feels like there's something more clever I can do with this piece of hardware.