• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

MArkF

MArkF

On 10/20/2016 at 9:23 AM, teapot said:

That would be a problem but I think the new Bosch Benchmark series has a bridge between burners that would allow you to put a roaster pan or griddle across both burners. I don't know about the two large pots going at once. Will have to explore.

When I recently purchased a new range, I ruled out induction because of the limitations. The big 3 for me are 1 - cannot bridge 2 burners with a single pan, 2 - you cannot run all burner on high, 3 - limitation on pan material.

instead I opted for a dual fuel range with an over the range convection microwave (small kitchen). This configuration has worked very well and I get to use my spring steel wok.

MArkF

MArkF

On 10/20/2016 at 9:23 AM, teapot said:

That would be a problem but I think the new Bosch Benchmark series has a bridge between burners that would allow you to put a roaster pan or griddle across both burners. I don't know about the two large pots going at once. Will have to explore.

When I recently purchased a new range, I ruled out induction because of the limitions. The big 3 for me was 1 - cannot bridge 2 burner with a single pan, 2 - you cannot run all burner on high, 3 - limitation on pan material.

instead I opted for a dual fuel range with an over the range convection microwave (small kitchen). This configuration has worked very well and I get to use my spring steel wok.