• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Anna N

Anna N

22 minutes ago, lindag said:

No, I think there was just a bit too much dough.

Yeah.  I think you’re right. The 800g comes from Modernist Bread for that size of Pullman pan.   Always wondered about that figure.  It seems that this was at odds with other sources including King Arthur flour.   Fresh Loaf has another take on it here.  

In the comments following the recipe linked to above are suggestions as to adaptations for using a Pullman pan.  They don’t include any adjustments to the recipe but rather to the baking time and temperature. 

Anna N

Anna N

17 minutes ago, lindag said:

No, I think there was just a bit too much dough.

Yeah.  I think you’re right. The 800g comes from Modernist Bread for that size of Pullman pan.   Always wondered about that figure.  It seems that this was other sources including King Arthur flour.   Fresh Loaf has another take on it here.  

In the comments following the recipe linked to above are suggestions as to adaptations for using a Pullman pan.  They don’t include any adjustments to the recipe but rather to the baking time and temperature.