• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

PatrickT

PatrickT

Added crumb shot

This was an interesting bake. I made a honey lemon whole wheat yesterday, with 25% whole wheat, the zest of an entire lemon, and lots of honey (which doubled the typical BF time). I inadvertently let the dough more than double and thought for sure it was going to be wildly over-proofed. Realizing my mistake, I quickly shaped it, popped it in the fridge for a 12.5 hour CR, and did a cold bake this morning. How the dough had enough left in the tank to provide this much oven spring is a bit of a mystery - I won’t lie. 😂 

IMG_6236.jpeg

IMG_6237.jpeg

IMG_6239.jpeg

IMG_6240.jpeg

PatrickT

PatrickT

This was an interesting bake. I made a honey lemon whole wheat yesterday, with 25% whole wheat, the zest of an entire lemon, and lots of honey (which doubled the typical BF time). I inadvertently let the dough more than double and thought for sure it was going to be wildly over-proofed. Realizing my mistake, I quickly shaped it, popped it in the fridge for a 12.5 hour CR, and did a cold bake this morning. How the dough had enough left in the tank to provide this much oven spring is a bit of a mystery - I won’t lie. 😂 Will post a crumb shot later. 

IMG_6236.jpeg

IMG_6237.jpeg

IMG_6239.jpeg