• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Ann_T

Ann_T

20 hours ago, JoNorvelleWalker said:

Crumb12272022.jpg

@JoNorvelleWalker, look at the shine on your crumb. Nice.

@PatrickT, your loaves are consistently great.   I haven't figured out yet what the breaking point is either.   I think the longest I've left in the fridge

is 5 days for 120 hours and then another 8 on the counter to warm up and rise, and then proof. 

I fed my two starters today.  One with organic rye and the white with my regular bread flour.    I hadn't fed in a few weeks but still more

than doubled in 6 hours. 

Sourdough Starters Fed December 27th, 2022.jpg

Also started three 500g batches of dough.  Two with 1g of yeast and one with 1g of yeast in 50g of discard starter. 

All three went immediately into the fridge after the last stretch and fold. 

Ann_T

Ann_T

20 hours ago, JoNorvelleWalker said:

Crumb12272022.jpg

@JoNorvelleWalker, look at the shine on your crumb. Nice.

@PatrickT, your loaves are consistently great.   I haven't figured out yet what the breaking point is either.   I think the longest I've left in the fridge

is 5 days for 120 hours and then another 8 on the counter to warm up and rise, and then proof. 

I fed my two starters today.  One with organic rye and the white with my regular bread flour.    I hadn't fed in a few weeks but still more

than doubled in 6 hours. 

Sourdough Starters Fed December 27th, 2022.jpg