• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Dave R

Dave R

picture

When I first started out with this rye bread recipe I wanted it to be 50/50 bread flour and dark rye. It's a yeasted loaf, so to get the right acidity for our tastes I added a whole wheat poolish/starter which is cold fermented overnight. The finished dough is also bulk cold fermented overnight. It's a nice heavy rye, with some caraway to fit family tastes. The final percentages ended up being bread flour 52.17%, dark rye 34.78% and whole wheat 13.4%. A little screwy but just how it worked out.

Dave

Rye1 4.22 web.JPG

Rye3 4.22 web.JPG

Rye.png

Dave R

Dave R

picture

When I first started out with this rye bread recipe I wanted it to be 50/50 bread flour and dark rye. It's a yeasted loaf, so to get the right acidity for our tastes I added a whole wheat poolish/starter which is cold fermented overnight. The finished dough is also bulk cold fermented overnight. It's a nice heavy rye, with some caraway to fit family tastes. The final percentages ended up being bread flour 52.17%, dark rye 34.78% and whole wheat 13.4%. A little screwy but just how it worked out.

Dave

Rye1 4.22.JPG

Rye3 4.22 web.JPG

Rye.png

Dave R

Dave R

Dave

Rye1 4.22.JPG

Rye3 4.22.JPG

Rye.png