• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

dtremit

dtremit

My brain was clearly broken

23 hours ago, KennethT said:

I'm looking for a carbon steel pan (that works on induction) that will fit in the CSO.  Way back on the Darto thread, @kayb said the 27 paella pan fit in the CSO - but at $75 including shipping, I was looking to see what other options are available. Anyone, a little help?

This doesn't answer your question directly, but I am almost able to fit my 10" Lodge cast iron skillet in the CSO diagonally, except the very end of the handle — the last bit of the handle keeps the oven from closing completely, but the gap is only about 1/2". This one, specifically: Lodge Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron Skillet With Assist Handle, 10.25" (eG-friendly Amazon.com link)

Amazon lists the length of the pan at 16.12" and that's very much the limiting dimension.

dtremit

dtremit

1 hour ago, KennethT said:

I'm looking for a carbon steel pan (that works on induction) that will fit in the CSO.  Way back on the Darto thread, @kayb said the 27 paella pan fit in the CSO - but at $75 including shipping, I was looking to see what other options are available. Anyone, a little help?

This doesn't answer your question directly, but I am able to fit my 10" Lodge cast iron skillet in the CSO diagonally, handles and all — though it's tight. This one, specifically: Lodge Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron Skillet With Assist Handle, 10.25" (eG-friendly Amazon.com link)

Amazon lists the length of the pan at 16.12" and that's very much the limiting dimension.