• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

FauxPas

FauxPas

to add missing word

@weinoo, like others here, I love my CSO so much that I could never relegate it to a shelf. I use it far too often! I'm so glad that you started the thread on the CSO here, as it gave me the info I needed to make the purchase myself a bit later. And as I recall, you were very patient and kind in replying to some of my dumb questions via message as well. I thank you for that. And maybe I should blame you that I have now purchased three (3!) of these, ha. xD

In your new kitchen, I think I would try to make the CSO work on the stainless steel counter, so that you have lots of prep room on the butcher block. But it's hard to visualize it without a photo, does it really not fit on the stainless steel or is it just a bit bulky? Don't you have a bit of counter on the right side of your sink? I need to go back to your kitchen photos. I guess you have already considered all the options. 

If all else failed, I would leave it on the butcher block, store the cutting board behind it or beside it. Move it over to the right a bit to allow for working on the left side of the butcher block to accommodate your cutting style, if necessary. 

FauxPas

FauxPas

@weinoo, like others here, I love my CSO so much that I could never relegate it to a shelf. I use it far too often! I'm so glad that you started the thread on the CSO here, as it gave me the info I needed to make the purchase myself a bit later. And as I recall, you were very patient and kind in replying to some of my dumb questions via message as well. I thank you for that. And maybe I should blame you that I have now purchased three (3!) of these, ha. xD

In your new kitchen, I think I would try to make the CSO work on the stainless steel counter, so that you have lots of prep room on the butcher block. But it's hard to visualize it without a photo, does it really not on the stainless steel or is it just a bit bulky? Don't you have a bit of counter on the right side of your sink? I need to go back to your kitchen photos. I guess you have already considered all the options. 

If all else failed, I would leave it on the butcher block, store the cutting board behind it or beside it. Move it over to the right a bit to allow for working on the left side of the butcher block to accommodate your cutting style, if necessary.