• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Anna N

Anna N

Repetition

6 hours ago, teonzo said:

You are absolutely right!

I was half joking because I really wanted to tear off that page with king Roux, I can't stand people taking themselves so seriously. I recalled how much I paid for the book and put it on the shelf. Haven't touched it from then because of my backlog combined to lack of time, for example my books of elBulli 2005-11 are still in the shrink wrap and I got it more than 5 years ago. I started reading an old confectionery book about 2 months ago and am about 1/3 of it...

Teo

I am trying to find a compromise where I can leaf through the book but not let the kittens have their way with it. Right now I have it open on the table they haven’t yet discovered. And I have started reading it. And what do you know? The chef and I have something in common. We were both born in Derby!

Anna N

Anna N

6 hours ago, teonzo said:

You are absolutely right!

I was half joking because I really wanted to tear off that page with king Roux, I can't stand people taking themselves so seriously. I recalled how much I paid for the book and put it on the shelf. Haven't touched it from then because of my backlog combined to lack of time, for example my books of elBulli 2005-11 are still in the shrink wrap and I got it more than 5 years ago. I started reading an old confectionery book about 2 months ago and am about 1/3 of it...

Teo

I am trying to find a compromise where I can leaf through the book but not let the kittens have their way with it. Right now I have it open on the table where they haven’t quite Right now I have it open on a table where they haven’t yet discovered. And I have started reading it. And what do you know? The chef and I have something in common. We were both born in Derby!