• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

ElainaA

ElainaA

1 hour ago, cakewalk said:

Wow. I always thought the squash-in-the-unlocked-car stuff was an urban legend, (Or rural legend, I guess.) If I had a car, I'd drive it to your neck of the woods and leave it unlocked with the trunk wide open!

I have been known to leave bags of zucchini hanging on the door knobs of neighbors who do not have gardens. Only when they are not home, of course.

Recently a friend called to ask "Did you leave these squash here?" I hadn't. So I guess I'm not alone.

ElainaA

ElainaA

1 hour ago, cakewalk said:

Wow. I always thought the squash-in-the-unlocked-car stuff was an urban legend, (Or rural legend, I guess.) If I had a car, I'd drive it to your neck of the woods and leave it unlocked with the trunk wide open!

I have been known to leave bags of zucchini hanging on the door knobs of neighbors who do not have gardens. Only when they are not home, of course.