• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Alex

Alex

to add information

On 5/20/2016 at 1:57 AM, Chris Denzler said:

Students love extra credit opportunities, and I decided this assignment was important and cool enough to potentially raise their final grade a full letter grade for the quarter.  Some students have the bit between their teeth and others don't feel it is worth their time.

They certainly do -- and no doubt this could be a cool assignment. However, much to some of my students' dismay, I was firmly in the "Don't even ask" camp (Intro and Abnormal Psych). But that's not a food-related topic (except as pertains to this assignment), so if you'd like to have a discussion about extra-credit opportunities, please feel free to start one in the Off-Topic Forum. I'd be glad to explain my reasoning there. Or I can reply to a PM.

Alex

Alex

On 5/20/2016 at 1:57 AM, Chris Denzler said:

Students love extra credit opportunities, and I decided this assignment was important and cool enough to potentially raise their final grade a full letter grade for the quarter.  Some students have the bit between their teeth and others don't feel it is worth their time.

They certainly do -- and no doubt this could be a cool assignment. However, much to some of my students' dismay, I was firmly in the "Don't even ask" camp (Intro and Abnormal Psych). But that's not a food-related topic (except as pertains to this assignment), so if you'd like to have a discussion about extra-credit opportunities, please feel free to start one in the Off-Topic Forum. I'd be glad to explain my reasoning there.