• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Kerry Beal

Kerry Beal

Ok - don't know where the hell my copy of Morato is located right now - I have searched all the usual spots and it is nowhere to be found.

But I did find this online fine lines. Click on the 8th picture top row.

I suspect that what he has done is drizzle a fine line of perhaps bronze into an empty half sphere mold (or it might have been sprayed first with 70% dark chocolate with cocoa butter), followed by a spray of black. From his descriptions at the demo he might follow that up by another layer of some sort of luster dust and then another spray of a different colour behind that.

Kerry Beal

Kerry Beal

Ok - don't know where the hell my copy of Morato is located right now - I have searched all the usual spots and it is nowhere to be found.

But I did find this online fine lines.

I suspect that what he has done is drizzle a fine line of perhaps bronze into an empty half sphere mold (or it might have been sprayed first with 70% dark chocolate with cocoa butter), followed by a spray of black. From his descriptions at the demo he might follow that up by another layer of some sort of luster dust and then another spray of a different colour behind that.