• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Jon Savage

Jon Savage

clarity

My wife recently found a cheese powder at WinCo that is neither unpleasantly salted nor sugared. It does make a good sub for the Kraft M&C we all grew up with (OK admit it-- That is a taste memory we all like).

I was recently appalled by the Kraft stuff 'cos sugary... They must have changed the recipe because I don't recall sugar as having been a primary ingredient on said box before now but it is there now.

Anyhow...

That is what we use to do quick & dirty M&C- w/ the addition of a little good pasta & the Kraft box ratio of butter/milk/cheese powder pretty darn good. 

So that's my dirty secret.

Don't tell on me.

Jon Savage

Jon Savage

My wife recently found a cheese powder at WinCo that is neither unpleasantly salted nor sugared. It does make a good sub for the Kraft M&C we all grew up with (OK admit it-- That is a taste memory we all like).

I was recently appalled by the Kraft stuff 'cos sugary... They must have changed the recipe because I don't recall sugar as having been a primary ingredient on said box.

Anyhow...

That is what we use to do quick & dirty M&C- w/ the addition of a little good pasta & the Kraft box ratio of butter/milk/cheese powder pretty darn good. 

Don't tell on me.

Jon Savage

Jon Savage

I was recently appalled by the Kraft stuff 'cos sugary...

Anyhow...

Don't tell on me.