• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

gfweb

gfweb

1 hour ago, HST said:

People must really like "bad ideas", but honestly Gfweb, I think Tri2cook sort of nailed it. Its just the fundamental opposite of what a restaurant is, which I'm posing as an interesting hypothetical experiment....bad or good, not really the point. Under what conditions is it possible, is the point. I cant really get up on stage on thursday and say, "after much debate, i realized my idea was a bad one". Our professor has owned numerous restaurants and has really pushed us to pursue the idea

'Under what conditions is it possible is the point'....but not whether it is a viable idea?

Same thing no?

Why can't you say that after doing diligent research you came up with several flaws that would probably doom the restaurant? 

That would make you sound intelligent.

gfweb

gfweb

1 hour ago, HST said:

People must really like "bad ideas", but honestly Gfweb, I think Tri2cook sort of nailed it. Its just the fundamental opposite of what a restaurant is, which I'm posing as an interesting hypothetical experiment....bad or good, not really the point. Under what conditions is it possible, is the point. I cant really get up on stage on thursday and say, "after much debate, i realized my idea was a bad one". Our professor has owned numerous restaurants and has really pushed us to pursue the idea

'Under what conditions is it possible is the point'....but not whether it is a viable idea?

Same thing no?

Why can't you say that after doing diligent research you came up with several flaws that would probably doom the restaurant? 

That would make you sound intelligent, Grasshopper.