• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

JoNorvelleWalker

JoNorvelleWalker

afterthought

1 hour ago, Thanks for the Crepes said:

I am so thankful and feel so blessed to be warm and comfortable, and I wish all those without power the very soonest possible restoration.

I believe our snow has ended.  And after sufficient Mississippi punch I finally got around to cooking:  54:14:43 hour chuck steak, the best that I have made.  Broccolini hollandaise piment d'Espelette, roast fingerlings, and -- throwing all caution of global warming and greenhouse gasses to the winds -- roast Jerusalem artichokes, a vegetable I ne'er had cooked nor tasted in my life.  (With lemon juice and parsley.)  O were they delicious!

Edit:  I also started a poolish for tomorrow.

JoNorvelleWalker

JoNorvelleWalker

afterthought

1 hour ago, Thanks for the Crepes said:

I am so thankful and feel so blessed to be warm and comfortable, and I wish all those without power the very soonest possible restoration.

I believe our snow has ended.  And after sufficient Mississippi punch I finally got around to cooking:  54:14:43 hour chuck steak, the best that I have made.  Broccolini hollandaise piment d'Espelette, roast fingerlings, and -- throwing all caution of global warming and greenhouse gasses to the winds -- roast Jerusalem artichokes, a vegetable I ne'er had cooked nor tasted in my life.  (With lemon juice and parsley.)  O were they delicious!

JoNorvelleWalker

JoNorvelleWalker

59 minutes ago, Thanks for the Crepes said: