• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

forgot the green onions

Chilli Pomelo Salad from Dishoom

62BE906D-079B-43C0-9511-846DB552AF63_1_201_a.thumb.jpeg.3c64edc99e4fc9f410e1cf161cca7759.jpeg

I've been wanting to try this recipe for a while now so when I saw some nice pink pomelos at the farmers market, I knew just what to make.  The header notes describe this as, "Hot, tangy, nutty, sweet," and it is all of those things!  

The salad has pomelo, toasted pistachio and pepitas, green onions, fresh red chile and dates.  The greens are kale, cilantro and mint leaves.  The dressing Is lime juice with two condiments from the book, Chilli Drizzle (sherry vinegar, jaggery, chili flakes, brown sugar and coriander seeds) and Tamarind Chutney.  Great combination and fun to eat. 

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

Chilli Pomelo Salad from Dishoom

62BE906D-079B-43C0-9511-846DB552AF63_1_201_a.thumb.jpeg.3c64edc99e4fc9f410e1cf161cca7759.jpeg

I've been wanting to try this recipe for a while now so when I saw some nice pink pomelos at the farmers market, I knew just what to make.  The header notes describe this as, "Hot, tangy, nutty, sweet," and it is all of those things!  

The salad has pomelo, toasted pistachio and pepitas, fresh red chile and dates.  The greens are kale, cilantro and mint leaves.  The dressing Is lime juice with two condiments from the book, Chilli Drizzle (sherry vinegar, jaggery, chili flakes, brown sugar and coriander seeds) and Tamarind Chutney.  Great combination and fun to eat.