• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

rotuts

rotuts

I have quite a few Fz turkey breasts in the freezer.   remarkable at $ 0.69 cents /lb

Ive boned one out, removed the two tendons / side and cooked them in the CSB w generic bacon on the top.

the most recent two looked like this :

569e6e580c5d5_2TBwBacon.thumb.jpg.dbcb42

the bacon is further browned w a torch after they cool.  Easy to do when its 20 F outside.  these were for sandwiches.  each TkBr is about 550 gms

here is one cut :

569e6e9e96681_TBcut.thumb.jpg.676ab8d049

and 

569e6ead57459_TBdone2.thumb.jpg.ede9cbec

I did these in the CSB 30 minutes  at 300 F steam-bake.   plenty of steam when you open the door

i thermopen'd them and the 'pen read 160 F.   seemed fairly high for 30 @ 300 F   I can't say if my probe was in the middle or on a lower edge.

you can't see it in the first cut pic, but its ''ros-ey'

I made a simple sandwich just now   ( these are from yest. PM )  TJ's branded fresh sourdough ( Pig's )   mayo  S & P

medium cut

no pic of the sandwich, I snarffed it down Toot-Sweet.   it was delicious and the TB remarkably tender and flavorful.   certainly some of that flavor came from

the generic bacon  ( On Sale ! )

what surprised me is that these TB rival if not surpass my traditional SV  TB's   142.5 x 6 h

and were done is 30 minutes.  

also, there was plenty of roast turkey aromas in the kitchen  

I would have liked to know the real internal temp, but from now on Im doing these this way.

this FzTurkBr was in  the fridge for a while, so i did not chop up the carcass, broil , then IP on 'soup' for stock and future gravy.

mostly because i was hungry and lazy.

"  Better than SV "

there, I said it.

Steam, Steam, Steam

I said that too

smiley-money-mouth.gif.6a81aad2082c97f07

rotuts

rotuts

I have quite a few Fz turkey breasts in the freezer.   remarkable at $ 0.69 cents /lb

Ive boned one out, removed the two tendons / side and cooked them in the CSB w generic bacon on the top.

the bacon is further browned w a torch after they cool.  Easy to do when its 20 F outside.  these were for sandwiches.  each TkBr is about 550 gms

here is one cut :

and 

I did these in the CSB 30 minutes  at 300 F steam-bake.   plenty of steam when you open the door

i thermopen'd them and the 'pen read 160 F.   seemed fairly high for 30 @ 300 F   I can't say if my probe was in the middle or on a lower edge.

I made a simple sandwich just now   ( these are from yest. PM )  TJ's branded fresh sourdough ( Pig's )   mayo  S & P

medium cut

no pic of the sandwich, I snarffed it down Toot-Sweet.   it was delicious and the TB remarkably tender and flavorful.   certainly some of that flavor came from

what surprised me is that these TB rival if not surpass my traditional SV  TB's   142.5 x 6 h

and were done is 30 minutes.  

also, there was plenty of roast turkey aromas in the kitchen  

I would have like to know the real internal temp, but from now on Im doing these this way.

this FzTurkBr was in  the fridge for a while, so i did not chop up the carcass, broil , then IP on 'soup' for stock and future gravy.

"  Better than SV "

there, I said it.

Steam, Steam, Steam

I said that too

rotuts

rotuts

Ive boned them out, removed the two tendons / side and cooked them in the CSB w generic bacon on the top.

here is one cut :

and 

I made a simple sandwich just now   ( these are from test. PM )  TJ's branded fresh sourdough ( Pig's )   mayo  S & P

medium cut

and done is 30 minutes.    I would have like to know the real internal temp, but from now on Im doing these this way.

this FzTurkBr was in  the fridge for a while, so i did not chop up the carcass, broil , IP 'soup' for stock and future gravy.

"  Better than SV "

there, I said it.

Steam, Steam, Steam

I said that too