• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

FeChef

FeChef

1 hour ago, kbjesq said:

I agree with all the comments about cooking this type of meat on a very low temperature for a long period of time to achieve the desired result. However now that I have acquired an instant pot, I'm wondering if pressure cooking this type of meat would be a good idea? I don't cook meat very often as I personally do not consume it but I do cook it for others and if I could cook it in the instant pot my family would be very happy to eat meat more often.

Absolutely. The best beef stroganoff ive ever made was in my instant pot. Even the best beef short ribs ive ever had/made was in my instant pot. Check out this coca cola short rib recipe. Its amazing.http://www.chowhound.com/recipes/pressure-cooker-cola-braised-beef-short-ribs-30305

The recipe calls for 30 minutes but i have found better results at 45-60 minutes. And i am not counting the time to come down in pressure. So add an additional 15 minutes for that.

FeChef

FeChef

1 hour ago, kbjesq said:

I agree with all the comments about cooking this type of meat on a very low temperature for a long period of time to achieve the desired result. However now that I have acquired an instant pot, I'm wondering if pressure cooking this type of meat would be a good idea? I don't cook meat very often as I personally do not consume it but I do cook it for others and if I could cook it in the instant pot my family would be very happy to eat meat more often.

Absolutely. The best beef stroganoff ive ever made was in my instant pot. Even the best beef short ribs ive ever had/made was in my instant pot. Check out this coca cola short rib recipe. Its amazing.http://www.chowhound.com/recipes/pressure-cooker-cola-braised-beef-short-ribs-30305

The recipe calls for 30 minutes but i have found better results at 45-60 minutes.

FeChef

FeChef

1 hour ago, kbjesq said: