• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Hello from Seattle

NathanD

Happy new year everyone,

Just discovered eGullet while searching on Modernist Cuisine topics.  I'm totally enamored with Nathan Myhrvold's books, and thinking of blogging my way through all the recipes a la Julie and Julia.  Does anyone know if this has already been done?  I've found several modernist blogs and several threads on individual recipes, but not a series going through MC or MCAH.  Looking forward to getting on the forums!

--Nathan 

Welcome, NathanD!  I can't answer your question about whether anyone has worked through all the books and blogged along the way, but I admire your ambition.  No doubt you've already discovered the depth of passion around here for Modernist Cuisine - the books, the methods, the gear and the results. :)

As you look around, feel free to dive in an contribute to the forums.  If you have questions about where to find something or need other forum help, feel free to PM a host or else ask in the Moderation and Policy Discussion forum.  We look forward to seeing more of your posts!

Nancy Smith, aka "Smithy"
HosteG Forumsnsmith@egstaff.org

Follow us on social media! Facebook; instagram.com/egulletx; twitter.com/egullet

"Every day should be filled with something delicious, because life is too short not to spoil yourself. " -- Ling (with permission)
"There comes a time in every project when you have to shoot the engineer and start production." -- author unknown