• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

sverreef

sverreef

On 3/9/2023 at 6:26 AM, paulraphael said:

My newer variation on the coffee recipe uses fructose powder. The end result should be the same, but it's easier to work with:

I finally had a chance to make a version of your recipe yesterday, and after aging the mix overnight, I now have a Creami beaker of coffee ice cream in the freezer😀 It will be really interesting to see how your lowfat base works in the Creami.

The medium-light roasted Ethiopian coffee I bought online was probably not perfect, but still, the base tasted quite promising. I'm not good at describing flavours, but fruity pepper and caramel were the most prominent flavours. When I tried to brew it in a french press yesterday, caramel and black tea were the dominant flavours.

@paulraphael and @Mars, do you have any recommendations regarding what to serve together with coffe ice cream?

sverreef

sverreef

On 3/9/2023 at 6:26 AM, paulraphael said:

My newer variation on the coffee recipe uses fructose powder. The end result should be the same, but it's easier to work with:

I finally had a chance to make a version of your recipe yesterday, and after aging the mix overnight, I now have a Creami beaker of coffee ice cream in the freezer😀 It will be really interesting to see how your light base works in the Creami.

The medium-light roasted Ethiopian coffee I bought online was probably not perfect, but still, the base tasted quite promising. I'm not good at describing flavours, but fruity pepper and caramel were the most prominent flavours. When I tried to brew it in a french press yesterday, caramel and black tea were the dominant flavours.

@paulraphael and @Mars, do you have any recommendations regarding what to serve together with coffe ice cream?