• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

FrogPrincesse

FrogPrincesse

Add links

@BeebsFor Mexican food, I am in no way an expert but I enjoyed my dinner at the recently opened El Jardin in Point Loma (Liberty station). 

Liberty Station has a bunch of good lunch options, between the food market for something very casual (My favorite thing to do is to grab a charcuterie and cheese platter at Venissimo, an empenada at the place nearby, a nice juicy IPA at Bottlecraft, and have a little picnic outside. The seafood place is also quite good - they serve local uni/sea urchin and spot prawns, in season, and good ceviche), Stone for beer and Californian cuisine, or Soda & Swine for meatballs and cocktails (and the giant fussball table).

One of the local specialties is fish tacos, and the rooftop terrace at George’s in La Jolla has an elevated version that is not to be missed (and the view is really something too). I also like Galaxy Tacos in La Jolla Shores for its super laid-back vibe. Order an assortment of tacos (on Tuesdays they sometimes have collaborations with local chefs and their tacos get very creative and even more delicious), a house margarita (or two), and enjoy a nice walk on the beach afterwards (or a surfing lesson)... heaven! :) 

FrogPrincesse

FrogPrincesse

Formatting

@BeebsFor Mexican food, I am in no way an expert but I enjoyed my dinner at the recently opened El Jardin in Point Loma (Liberty station). 

Liberty Station has a bunch of good lunch options, between the food market for something very casual (My favorite thing to do is to grab a charcuterie and cheese platter at Venissimo, an empenada at the place nearby, a nice juicy IPA at Bottlecraft, and have a little picnic outside. The seafood place is also quite good - they serve local uni/sea urchin and spot prawns, in season, and good ceviche), Stone for beer and Californian cuisine, or Soda & Swine for meatballs and cocktails (and the giant fussball table).

One of the local specialties is fish tacos, and the rooftop terrace at George’s in La Jolla has an elevated version that is not to be missed (and the view is really something too). I also like Galaxy Tacos in La Jolla Shores for its super laid-back vibe. Order an assortment of tacos (on Tuesdays they sometimes have collaborations with local chefs and their tacos get very creative and even more delicious), a house margarita (or two), and enjoy a nice walk on the beach afterwards (or a surfing lesson)... heaven! :) 

FrogPrincesse

FrogPrincesse