• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

WYSIWHYG my posterior.

2 hours ago, Anna N said:

liuzhou,

That is just too funny.  I wonder if it might start a trend and we will end up with indices  for all sorts of food stuffs.  In the end of course science can still not tell me what suits my taste  or conforms to my own concept of what constitutes a perfect dumpling or anything else for that matter. 

Yes, it amused me. Much as I love Xiao Long Bao, I'm not that obsessed. Still, full marks to him for determination. Not sure how solid his 'science' is though.

Of course, science can't deal with the subjective concept of your or my perfect dumpling. My mother prefers cheap, BOGOF tinned salmon or tuna over the fresh real stuff! Explain that, scientist!

liuzhou

liuzhou

2 hours ago, Anna N said:

liuzhou,

That is just too funny.  I wonder if it might start a trend and we will end up with indices  for all sorts of food stuffs.  In the end of course science can still not tell me what suits my taste  or conforms to my own concept of what constitutes a perfect dumpling or anything else for that matter. 

Yes, it amused me. Much as I love Xiao Long Bao, I'm not that obsessed. Still, full marks to him for determination. Not sure how solid his 'science' is though.
Of course, science can't deal with the subjective concept of your or my perfect dumpling. My mother prefers cheap, BOGOF tinned salmon or tuna over the fresh real stuff! Explain that, scientist!