• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Anna N

Anna N

15 minutes ago, JoNorvelleWalker said:

For the last week or so I've been using sheets of precut parchment to line my pan.  This is the parchment from Worthy Liners that I mentioned previously.  I've noticed the Worthy paper is not quite as non-stick as the Reynolds parchment that comes on a roll.  This may be good or bad depending on with what Reynolds coats their paper.

I wrap a Chicago Metallic quarter sheet pan I have in aluminum foil.  A pan that of course does not fit in the Cuisinart.  I hadn't thought to use foil with the Cuisinart pan till I saw @Shelby doing so.  I'm thinking it's not necessary for me, as the Cuisinart pan, unlike the Chicago Metallic, cleans up so easily.  My other Chicago Metallic pans which have not been wrapped in foil develop the "protective coating" mentioned by @Thanks for the Crepes.  They also warp.

Nonetheless, were I cooking a whole normal sized chicken I think I'd drag the rotisserie from the bedroom.

Still refining my methods.

The pan for the CSO does indeed clean up very easily nevertheless I find there are times when parchment is appropriate especially when I am roasting some vegetables. And times when foil is appropriate especially when I am baking sweet potatoes.   I put the sweet potatoes on the rack but they leak sticky black stuff and a foil lined pan seems apropos.  

Anna N

Anna N

12 minutes ago, JoNorvelleWalker said:

For the last week or so I've been using sheets of precut parchment to line my pan.  This is the parchment from Worthy Liners that I mentioned previously.  I've noticed the Worthy paper is not quite as non-stick as the Reynolds parchment that comes on a roll.  This may be good or bad depending on with what Reynolds coats their paper.

I wrap a Chicago Metallic quarter sheet pan I have in aluminum foil.  A pan that of course does not fit in the Cuisinart.  I hadn't thought to use foil with the Cuisinart pan till I saw @Shelby doing so.  I'm thinking it's not necessary for me, as the Cuisinart pan, unlike the Chicago Metallic, cleans up so easily.  My other Chicago Metallic pans which have not been wrapped in foil develop the "protective coating" mentioned by @Thanks for the Crepes.  They also warp.

Nonetheless, were I cooking a whole normal sized chicken I think I'd drag the rotisserie from the bedroom.

Still refining my methods.

The pan for the CSO does indeed clean up very easily nevertheless I find there are times when parchment is appropriate especially when I am roasting some vegetables. And times when foil is appropriate especially when I am baking sweet potatoes.   I put the sweet potatoes on the rack but they leak Stookey black stuff and a foil lined pan seems apropos.