• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

BottleRocket

BottleRocket

I have a question about using EZTemper silk in larger quantities than recommended to temper a mass of chocolate. I'm looking at a recipe in Wybauw Fine Chocolates that asks for 50g cocoa butter to be added to 500g precrystallised white chocolate before the combination is then added to a coconut/coconut milk mixture. Is there a problem with adding 50g of silk to the chocolate once it has been melted and brought back down to the 33.5c recommended for tempering with silk? Just hoping to skip a step if it won't cause a problem to do so. 

BottleRocket

BottleRocket

I have a question about using EZTemper silk in larger quantities than recommended to temper a mass of chocolate. I'm looking at a recipe in Wybauw Fine Chocolates that asks for 50g cocoa butter to be added to 200g precrystallised white chocolate before the combination is then added to a coconut/coconut milk mixture. Is there a problem with adding 50g of silk to the chocolate once it has been melted and brought back down to the 33.5c recommended for tempering with silk? Just hoping to skip a step if it won't cause a problem to do so.