• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

JoNorvelleWalker

JoNorvelleWalker

inebriation

Did it again -- my Mississippi punch -- I neglected to add sugar.  A bracing drink indeed on a frigid winter's evening.  Being a wimp I poured a float of feste's gomme.  Can't get good bar help these days it seems.

Speaking of feste, I need to place my semiannual orgeat order for a case or two and noticed she now offers passion fruit syrup.  I am tempted.  Has anybody tried it?

Edit:  the gomme made the punch far too sweet.  So I topped up the tumbler with brandy, rum, and arrack.  And a little ice.  Such as would fit.  Now my punch is a bit too boozy.  Could use more lemon.  Much more lemon.  But at least it's not too sweet.

The other day I mixed up some fish house punch and it came out just right.  Don't know what the problem is with Mississippi.

But soon it may not matter much.

JoNorvelleWalker

JoNorvelleWalker

Did it again -- my Mississippi punch -- I neglected to add sugar.  A bracing drink indeed on a frigid winter's night.  Being a wimp I poured a float of feste's gum on top.  Can't get good bar help these days it seems.

Speaking of feste, I need to place my semiannual orgeat order for a case or two and noticed she now offers passion fruit syrup.  I am tempted.  Has anybody tried it?