• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

G'day from Oz

Lionel44

Hi Guys, I'm an electronics engineer from Perth Australia introducing myself. I love fine foods and fine dining out and copying top restaurant chef's specialities. On my geeky side I like the technical side of cooking, i.e. plate decorating and garnishes. Especially trying to impress my friends ( my ego and vanity knows no boundaries!!) Hoping to gain techniques and info from the more experienced out there.

Lionel44

Edited by Lionel44 (log)

Hi Lionel.  Welcome to eGullet - it's always good to see somebody new from this part of the world.

If you really want to indulge your inner geek, explore some of our modernist topics.  Up at the top right of the screen there's a search box.  Ignore the box itself but click the little cog icon to the right of it, then on the search form that appears enter 'modernist' in the 'Find tags' box.  Set a few weeks aside before you do this, though!

Have fun - see you in the forums.

Kind regards,

Leslie

Leslie Craven, aka "lesliec"
Host, eG Forumslcraven@egstaff.org

After a good dinner one can forgive anybody, even one's own relatives ~ Oscar Wilde

My eG Foodblog

eGullet Ethics Code signatory