• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Segmented Pizzelle Iron

Chris Hennes

I got an email a couple days ago from someone looking for a pizzelle iron that produces easy-to-break-apart pizzelles, like you see in Kerry Beal's post here. I checked Fante's, but none of theirs look like they would be particularly easy to break apart. Does anyone have other suggestions for where these can be located? 

Chris Hennes
Director of Operations
chennes@egullet.org

I have several electric pizelle irons and the one I use most is the Cucina pro piccolo - which makes 4 small cookies - a bit more than 3 inches in diameter.  I also have one that makes three oval cookies, long and narrow but all of mine are a few years old.

I do have a stove top iron that produces a 6 inch cookie with cross ribs that break nicely into quarters but I haven't used it for years.  I bought it at an Italian grocery back in the '70s so I don't know if they still make them. 

I roll mine too but I use a wooden spoon handle to make the "cigarette" shapes - work nicely for dipping in chocolate. 

"There are, it has been said, two types of people in the world. There are those who say: this glass is half full. And then there are those who say: this glass is half empty. The world belongs, however, to those who can look at the glass and say: What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!" Terry Pratchett