• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

typo

Is there a condiment/pickle type area? Curious to see that.

How many varieties of mango do you get?

Would this store be considered pricey or upscale?

There isn't a pickle area, no. They tend to be more usual in the farmers' markets or even more commonly just on street stalls. I'll post about them later. In the meantime here is a street pickle vendor about ten minutes walk from my home.

pickle.jpg

There are usually four or five mango types, but don't ask me what they are. My only mango expertise is in eating them.

This supermarket is not particularly pricey or upscale. About average. They are just better at doing their job than some of the others and carry a wider range.Also, their stuff is just a notch higher in quality.

liuzhou

liuzhou

Is there a condiment/pickle type area? Curious to see that.

How many varieties of mango do you get?

Would this store be considered pricey or upscale?

There isn't a pickle area, no. They tend to be more usual in the farmers' markets or even more commonly just on street stalls. I'll post about them later. In the meantime here is a street pickle vendor about ten minutes walk from my home.

pickle.jpg

There are usually four or five mango types, but don't ask me what they are. My only mango expertise is in eating them.

This supermarket is not particularly pricey or upscale. About average. They are just better at dong their job than some of the others and carry a wider range.Also, their stuff is just a notch higher in quality.