• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Kerala

Kerala

Credit Mark Wiens

My family doesn't handle spice well. As a result most of my cooking is British with a French, Italian or Spanish slant. Tonight I was selfish. After serving up egg and chips, I made a fish curry for myself.

I used this recipe from Mark Wiens.

My sister, who is the best cook I know, says this is very, very close to her preparation. I had to substitute tamarind for pot tamarind, and a medium brown onion for shallots

IMG_20201126_211054.jpg

IMG_20201126_214709.jpg

Kerala

Kerala

My family doesn't handle spice well. As a result most of my cooking is British with a French, Italian or Spanish slant. Tonight I was selfish. After serving up egg and chips, I made a fish curry for myself.

I used this recipe.

My sister, who is the best cook I know, says this is very, very close to her preparation. I had to substitute tamarind for pot tamarind, and a medium brown onion for shallots

IMG_20201126_211054.jpg

IMG_20201126_214709.jpg