• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Kerry Beal

Kerry Beal

8 hours ago, EsaK said:

@rotutsI don't know all the reasons I'd use jars, but I can imagine I'd use them quite regularly even for things that don't really need to be in a pouch. For example pickles? Or some custard that you want to get the air out of and cook in the jar. There's probably quite a few things. :) 

@Kerry Beal Alright, I can't find that model from Henkelman's website now. Thanks about the jars, I imagined they should work but yes, may be tough to open. A bit of knife helps I guess though. 

It's actually labelled Compact Gastrovac Pro - but Henkovac.nl manufactures it (and they appear to be some sort of subsidiary of Henkelman)

Kerry Beal

Kerry Beal

8 hours ago, EsaK said:

@rotutsI don't know all the reasons I'd use jars, but I can imagine I'd use them quite regularly even for things that don't really need to be in a pouch. For example pickles? Or some custard that you want to get the air out of and cook in the jar. There's probably quite a few things. :) 

@Kerry Beal Alright, I can't find that model from Henkelman's website now. Thanks about the jars, I imagined they should work but yes, may be tough to open. A bit of knife helps I guess though. 

It's actually labelled Compact Gastrovac Pro - but Henkleman manufactures it.