• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Leftover Rib-Eyes?

furzzy

FeChef:

Here's an excellent example of an absolutely delicious cold beef salad - Thai Beef Salad - a dish that is always a big hit in our house:

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Thai-Beef-Salad/

ETA - And in one of those frequent eG coincidences, was just reading the "Manitoulin" thread when up popped a mention of a Thai Beef Salad, complete with exquisite photo:

Scroll down just a bit: http://forums.egullet.org/topic/145272-making-memories-in-manitoulin-at-it-again/page-9

I agree that thai beef salad does look good. Reminds me of those teriyaki beef sticks you get at chinese restaurants, ive eaten leftovers cold and they were still good. To be honest I wouldnt even consider a salad a "salad" without lettuce, so yeah, if its a salad without lettuce, I probably would enjoy it.

Now I'd just like to know what Furzzy decided to serve.

I don't understand why rappers have to hunch over while they stomp around the stage hollering.  It hurts my back to watch them. On the other hand, I've been thinking that perhaps I should start a rap group here at the Old Folks' Home.  Most of us already walk like that.

I hang my head in embarrassment. I've no pictures of the beef!

But here's the "aperitif" plate

image.jpg

And the soup (home made roasted tomato soup garnished w/creme fraiche, croutons, & 18-yr Balsamic

image.jpg

And the braised Belgian Endives

image.jpg

And the Idaho Potato Spears sauteed in Duck Fat

image.jpg

I went retro with the beef. Heated the "demi-glace" from before & added some beef stock to thin it out & add even another layer of flavor. Reduced that a bit. Just before serving that course, brought the sauce back up to temp & put the beef into it, just long enough to warm it a bit. Didn't worry about making it "hot." Then served the sauce in a boat for "extras" for those who wanted it.

It all turned out to be perfect, except we still had leftover beef. so I picked up on the suggestions from here & had fajitas, which finally finished it up!

Thank you all for your input - and I'm so sorry about no pics. I had to go up to bed, and nobody thought of it.