• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Gilt and Adour closing!!!!

babern38

I am utterly crestfallen at the news that Adour has closed and Gilt will be closing this Saturday.

These were two of our favorite restaurants where we've had some memorable experiences. We ate at Gilt the night we got engaged and were later married at the Palace. Apparently Michael Richard is the new chef taking over the space. While info is pretty scarce right now it seems like they plan on keeping the Gilt dining room more formal and modern while putting a more casual bistro in the Villard room next door that was primarily a private event space.

I absolutely love the decor of the dining room at Gilt. I've seen pictures from when Le cirque was there and notice they didn't change the mural or wood work, etc. Does anyone know if they can't because of some historical protection given the location as the archiodese residence?