• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Tropicalsenior

Tropicalsenior

I think the reason that I enjoy the fat is that I grew up on a farm eating only lean pasture fed beef. So when I finally got a taste of marbled beef, it was a real treat for me and I liked the fat on meat ever since. My husband was one that would trim every tiny piece of marbling or fat from his prime rib and it would just kill me because I always thought it would be gauche to grab it off his plate before it went to the trash. Then I got smart. I would leave a little bit of mine and ask to have everything put in a doggy bag for my Pooch at home. And, oh yes, you might as well throw in all that nasty stuff that he left. I'd always have another little feast when we got home.

Tropicalsenior

Tropicalsenior

I think the reason that I enjoyed the fat is that I grew up in a farm eating only lean pasture fed beef. So when I finally got a taste of marbled beef, it was a real treat for me and I liked the fat on meat ever since. My husband was one that would trim every tiny piece of marbling or fat from his prime rib and it would just kill me because I always thought it would be gauche to grab it off his plate before it went to the trash. Then I got smart. I would leave a little bit of mine and ask to have everything put in a doggy bag for my Pooch at home. And, oh yes, you might as well throw in all that nasty stuff that he left. I'd always have another little feast when we got home.