• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Shel_B

Shel_B

I'm making a dish where I want to add baking soda to water and mix it with the ground turkey in order to increase the browning and perhaps increase tenderness as well.  I also want to add some soy sauce to the meat to enhance flavor. Would adding the baking soda to the soy sauce and eliminating the water work OK?  I'd like to limit the moisture in the meat if possible.  Is this a good idea? I don't see why not but want to check in to see what y'all have to say.

Shel_B

Shel_B

I'm making a dish where I want to add baking soda to water and mix it with the ground turkey in order to increase the browning.  I also want to add some soy sauce to the meat to enhance flavor. Would adding the baking soda to the soy sauce and eliminating the water work OK?  I'd like to limit the moisture in the meat if possible.  Is this a good idea? I don't see why not but want to check in to see what y'all have to say.