• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

FrogPrincesse

FrogPrincesse

clarification

I've been making the pain d'épices (the French version of gingerbread) from Sunday Suppers at Lucques for years now, but always forget to take a picture!

Here is it. With a little bit of good butter, it's my favorite Madeleine de Proust moment. Instant childhood memories with my maternal grandmother. In the book Suzanne Goin serves it with kumquat butter, which is also an excellent choice.

24379242539_a843fd9641_z.jpg

24720724696_63bb4fa229_k.jpg

FrogPrincesse

FrogPrincesse

minor clarification

I've been making the pain d'épices (the French version of gingerbread) from Sunday Suppers at Lucques for years now, but always forget to take a picture!

Here is it. With a little bit of good butter, it's my favorite Madeleine de Proust moment. Instant childhood memories with my maternal grandmother. In the book she serves it with kumquat butter, which is also an excellent choice.

FrogPrincesse

FrogPrincesse

I've been making the pain d'épices (the French version of gingerbread) from Lucques for years now, but always forget to take a picture!

Here is it. With a little bit of good butter, it's my favorite Madeleine de Proust moment. Instant childhood memories with my maternal grandmother. In the book she serves it with kumquat butter, which is also an excellent choice.