• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Ideas for tea ganache?

tarko

hi

what teas do u like to infuse ure ganaches with? i have sofar tried earl grey, lapsang and jasminetea but would like to try something new. im not a big fan of green tea, even though green tea and white chocolate go well together.. please help me out here - i need some new ideas:)

/Magnus - happy amateur chocolatier

If you're after something new then try tea-smoking chocolate before making the ganache. I haven't done it and it might not work, but it's on my list of things to try. I'm thinking you'd grate the chocolate first so it has more surface area to absorb the smoke, and you'd want to have it stacked on a bowl because it will probably start to melt. But otherwise tea-smoke it in the same way you'd tea-smoke chicken (and away from the smoke alarm...)

If you're looking for a nice complement to the tea flavor, I have a recipe for Earl Gray & lavender scones that I adore--you infuse the milk with the tea and lavender before adding to the dough. I imagine you could quite easily do the same with cream for ganache, if that's a combination of interest--it works really well for the scones.