• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create an account.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MikeHartnett

Best Whisk(e)y Bars in NOLA

4 posts in this topic

I'm looking for the best bars in the city to try a variety of whisk(e)ys- single malts, bourbons, ryes, etc. Any recommendations?

The largest bourbon selection is at Bourbon House. I think they've got 60 or more.

D.B.A. always has a good spirits. Clever, the wine bar at Cork and Bottle, also keeps an interesting selection of spirits, especially bourbon. The owner is a big bourbon fan.

I honestly can't think of a place with a large Scotch selection.

Todd A. Price aka "TAPrice"

Homepage and writings; A Frolic of My Own (personal blog)

I honestly can't think of a place with a large Scotch selection.

This needs to be remedied. Hint hint, somebody. Don't make me open a Scotch bar instead of going into law... Or, do.

D.B.A. and Delachaise have a decent variety of Scotch. I am not sure about CURE as I am always drinking cocktails (as opposed to straight alcohol) there.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0