• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

quiet business lunch in Yorkville or in/near the Financial District

phoenikia

I have a midweek business lunch coming up in February, and would love to hear your suggestions.

Right now, I have Pangaea, C5, Vertical, Canoe, Forte and Nota Bene on my tentative list. Would like to stick to Continental, Italian or French inspired restaurants for this particular lunch. We also will need a table that would allow for easy conversation, rather than a bustling atmosphere.

What other restaurants would you suggest? I am not interested in dining at Bymark, Reds, or One, but I'm open to any other suggestions that are in Yorkville or close to the Financial District. Frank ended up being surprisingly loud the last time I organized a lunch there.

How loud is Nota Bene at lunch time?

Thanks for any of your comments!

Edited by phoenikia (log)

I've only been to Nota Bene for lunch a couple times. The noise seemed okay when I went, though I'd almost say the noise is the same at dinner. I never had to shout to talk, but it's not quiet, IMO. You can talk, but it's definitely a busy atmosphere.

foodpr0n.com 11/01/17: A map of macarons in Toronto // For free or for a fee - bring your bottle! corkagetoronto.com

Thanks Jen.

Turns out the lunch destination was chosen by the other party. We'll be dining at Biff's.

Does anyone have any recent experiences at Biff's? Are there any specific dishes you'd recommend? The grouper was fine the last time I was there, but it's been several years since then.

How is Biff's duck confit?

Sort of frustrated by the choices- lots of choices, but not too many items I would usually choose to eat. Looks like I'll probably end up with the branzino or arctic char.

Biff's website:

http://www.oliverbonacini.com/biffsmovie.html

Biff's lunch menu:

http://www.oliverbonacini.com/pdf_files/biffs_lunch.pdf

Edited by phoenikia (log)