• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

National Restaurant Awards 2009

The list: http://www.top100restaurants.co.uk/page/home.html

Who voted?:

"The National Restaurant Awards is compiled from the votes of the National Restaurant Awards Academy. We divide the country into 12 regions, with a each region having a minimum of 30 voters pooled from chefs, restauranteurs and food critics".

Can anyone suggest errors and/or omissions?

Perhaps unfortunately, or not, I don't fall into an eligible voting category (being a retired civil service clerk). The fact that one has to be an industry insider no doubt accounts for some of the rankings and, even, inclusions.

Tayyabs? In the country's top 100? Come on, let's get serious - or treat this just as folk having a laugh.

Edited by Harters (log)

John Hartley

Perhaps unfortunately, or not, I don't fall into an eligible voting category (being a retired civil service clerk). The fact that one has to be an industry insider no doubt accounts for some of the rankings and, even, inclusions.

Tayyabs? In the country's top 100? Come on, let's get serious - or treat this just as folk having a laugh.

Last year, I think this particular set of awards also raised some frowns if not eyebrows. A bit like having pan fried foie gras with bubble and squeak.

Howard

that is quite a funny list.

walnut tree at number 3??????

the elms gets in AND goes in above casamia, the stagg inn and anthony's?? ive not been to anthony's but it doesnt require much imagination to put together every else experiences and be shocked at how low down it is.

more proof, if needed, to ignore lists put together by votes for friends.

i think LizzyWizzy's post from last years can be copied and pasted here too. (to save you the trouble of going back to that thread it reads: Sorry but some one has to say it What a load of BOLLOCKS!!!! )

cant wait to read next years one. little chef in popham makes an entrance in the 80s? maybe they'll take out tom aikens?