• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Chocolates and Pastry in Taiwan

Hi all, I'm headed to Taiwan soon and would like to know what good places to find chocolates and pastry at in Taipei or other parts of Taiwan. I am not looking for really good quality stuff that will be somewhat like Taiwan's Pierre Herme, or Sadahau Aoki, for lack of a better comparative description.

Cheers!

• 5 months later...

You can probably find chocolates and pastries in the lower levels of Taipei 101. I believe you can find American / French pastries on either one floor above or below the food court. In addition, the City Supermarket probably has chocolates too so you can try looking there.

I think I also saw some chocolates being sold at the Wind Center Mall but that might have been a temporary storefront. Try looking at these international malls because they will most likely have chocolates and pastries.

Good luck!

-Terry (http://www.foodjournies.com)